The Zoning Code of the City of Kewanee was adopted to:
1. promote and protect the health, safety, morals, comfort and general welfare of the people
2. divide the city into zones or districts restricitng and regulating therein the location, erection, construction, alteration and use of buildings, structures and land for residences, business and manufacturing.
3. protect the character and the stability of the residential, business and manufacturing areas within the city and to promote the orderly and beneficial development of such areas.
4. provide adequate light, air, privacy and convenience of access to property.
5. regulate the intensity of use of lot areas, and to determine the area of open spaces surrounding buildings, necessary to provide adequate light and air and to protect the public health.
6. establish building lines and the location of buildings designed for residential, business, manufacturing, etc.
7. fix reasonable standards to which buildings or structures shall conform.
8. provide for the elimination of nonconforming uses of land, buildings and structures which are adversely affecting the character and value of desirable development in each district.
9. define and limit the powers and duties of the administrative officers and bodies.
Should you need to appeal a decision of the zoning officer, this form is provided for your convenience:
Rezoning / Special Use App.
Want to know the zoning of a property, this map is provided for your review.
Zoning Code (Code Book)
Keith Edwards - 309-761-1013 - E-Mail